They Slide, They Bounce and She Speaks: Haiku Friday

Photobucket

A bouncing Monkey
little feet slipping, sliding
Toddler nirvana

In College Station there’s this fabulous place called ‘The Bounce’. It is 12,500 square feet of Bounce Houses and Inflatable Slides and Rock Walls. In other words, kid Heaven. If you happen to be in that area… Monkey and Princess and I give it a HUGE thumbs up!

Now that you’ve watched my kids at play, why don’t you pop over and take the parenting quiz on the Savvy Source Widget. It’s sponsored by Leapfrog and it is pretty interesting. Come on, you know you want to!

I don’t think that’s actually my voice. I swear in my head it sounds different. Let’s call it cheap Kodak camera distortion, K?

To join in the 5-7-5 party go visit the fabulous Jennifer or the wonderful Christina

Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

1. BusyDad says

As you know, my uncle lives in College Station. This was the last piece of the puzzle that I needed to get on out there. You KNOW Fury will be all for it now!

2. Kellan says

Your kids are so darling! I want to go down that slide – how fun!

Have a good Friday, girl – see you soon!

Kellan

3. Leah says

That place looks FABULOUS! I dearly wish we had one near us!! I think my kids would MOVE IN and refuse to leave… LOL

4. monica @ transplanting me says

we had a place similar to that in colorado springs. i have burn scars on my knees from racing my kids down them!!

5. secretagentmama says

I love how you did this with the videos, Rachel. Great haikus; you were able to hit all my senses with this; thank you! :D

6. The Laundress says

We have something similar here…I’m always afraid she’s gonna break her ass…

Maybe I’ll be brave and take her…She loves those things.

7. Sassy Mama Bear says

Happiness for me was always a warm blanket but hey a long slide works great too….love these. My haiku is @ Mama Bear Writes.

8. Stephanie says

Such fun! Karys is starting to bounce around the house, so I’m sure she’d love a bounce house someday soon :)

9. Colleen says

OH – my oldest is in LUHVE with bouncy houses (calls them “jumpolines”). He would be in heaven in a place like that!

10. Rachel says

So I’m thinking that when BD decides to grace us with his presence we all travel to College Station and have an awesome Blogger Meet Up in Texas! Who’s up for it?
    DMD, you get here, and we’ll provide shelter for you. M’kay ;-)

11. Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children says

Oy you’re voice is cute! I sound like a high pitched cat.

Do they have those bounce houses for adults!!

12. Huckdoll says

You have the cutest voice! But i know what you mean about it sounding different in your head. I hate the way mine sounds recorded and I wonder if that’s what I really sound like…..ANYWAY….

I want to bounce! Why didn’t they have cool stuff like this when we were tots?? The best thing I had was the ball pit a Chuck-E-Cheese’s.

13. melissa says

we have something called pump it up which sounds similar. we have had some of the kids birthday parties there!! awesomeness.
    looks like it was loads of fun!

14. Rachel says

@jennifer Thank you dahlin’.

The really cool thing is it’s only $5 for kids 2 to 6 and $6 for kids 7 to 12.
    And if you’re the parent and have socks, you can play with them! It is pure joy and exhaustion. They also have a cool 50′s style snack bar with yummy reasonably priced junk food :-)
    @huckdoll
    thank you love!

15. OHmommy says

Yay… looks like a blast. We have one of those places and they open up in the winter for free play.

Yup.

We are there A LOT!!!

16. Anglophile Football Fanatic says

I think you sound just like that. And, we do bounce houses at least once a week. SO MUCH FUN.

Also, you just kick arse.