This is taco soup is one of my family’s favorite cold weather, warm belly, comfort foods. It’s a one pot soup, or even a slow cooker/crock pot soup. You can toss everything in and walk away, and when it’s ready, your home smells delicious, and you have a delicious, filling, rich, flavorful meal.
Now people. Yesterday when I said it wasn’t Chili… I meant, it ain’t chili! 😉 It’s Taco Soup! Yum!
Quite simply the easiest and most delicious Taco Soup at that. While the weather down here in South Texas isn’t exactly cold, it’s definitely that time of the year, time to start working the slow cooker and making yummy soups and stews. So here you have it:
Today’s Mouthwatering Monday recipe is:
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (10 oz) cans ro-tel tomatoes with diced green chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 6 oz beer (dark is best, but you can use whatever)
- In a medium pan on the stove brown your ground beef with ½ of your taco seasoning mix
- Chop onion and place into your slow cooker
- Open up all the beans and corn and pour them into the slow cooker (do not drain)
- Pour the beer in the slow cooker, add in the remaining taco seasoning and browned beef. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours
- Serve with crushed chips, top with cheese and sour cream or guacamole or even freshly sliced jalapenos.
For the Taco Seasoning, you can use 1 package or make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning, like I do! This also makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, teachers etc.. I package it in different size mason jars, add a handwritten note, and voila!