Cinnamon Bran Muffins
- 1 (15 oz) box raisin bran
- 3 C. Sugar
- 5 C. Flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. unsweetened applesauce***
- 1 qt. buttermilk
- 1 to 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 bag raisins or 1/2 canister of raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Slowly add the cereal until the entire mixture is completely incorporated
- Using a spoon ( I use my ice cream scoop) fill lightly greased muffin tins about 2/3 full
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the muffins springs back when touched, or a toothpick or dry spaghetti comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
These are delicious served warm with a bit of butter or apple butter.
*You can use cinnamon applesauce or strawberry flavored applesauce if you want. Have fun with these. I’ve added craisins instead of extra raisins, chopped apples, walnuts.. these are truly tonguegasmic, delightful and even relatively healthy 😉
Yippeee! The inaugural post of the Mouthwatering Mondays Linkaliciousness! It’s tonguegasmic!
So grab a Hawt Rachel button, link up and remember that every Monday is Tonguegasmic over here!
Here’s the lovely button should you want one:0