Garlic, and Honey, and Soy Sauce, OH MY! Did I mention the fresh ginger and crushed red pepper?
These combine to make these incredibly simple, delicious, and budget friendly chicken thighs a sure family favorite.
Spicy Garlic and Honey Baked Soy Sauce Marinated Chicken Thighs
I don’t know about y’all, but you will ALWAYS find fresh garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, soy sauce, and local honey in my house. If you don’t see it, then I probably just made a huge batch of these Garlic, Honey, and Soy Baked Chicken thighs for a crowd, or it’s the zombie apocalypse… either one.
Heather is one of my favorite people.
She is down to earth, talented and sweet. When she posted this recipe on her site, Home Ec 101, I knew that I had to try it and I’m so glad that I did. It is a massive hit at our house! Nathan actually ate 3 thighs in one sitting and they are truly, mouthwateringly delicious! Plus, with chicken thighs going for about $5.00 a package, they are significantly budget friendly! (YAY)
I served the garlic and honey, soy sauce chicken thighs with panko crusted green bean casserole and a small green salad, it was amazing. Seriously y’all, you must try this dish! I will absolutely be making again for our house! NOM NOM NOM!!
- 6 – 8 chicken thighs (bone in or boneless skinless)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- crushed red pepper (1 tsp. or more, to taste)
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, onion, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper
- Place the chicken thighs and your marinade into a large ziplock baggie and marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Turn the bag halfway through so that all the thighs get equal drenching time.
- Place the thighs skin side up in a baking dish that leaves just a bit of room, but not too much, between each chicken thigh. Pour the marinade over the thighs.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Garnish with more chopped green onions, we do.