I love the sweet hot bite of the honey chipotle chicken crispers at Chili’s and I was wondering how I could incorporate it into our menu, but healthier so I came up with this recipe for Honey Chipotle Glazed Salmon and I am sooo excited to share it with y’all for today’s Mouthwatering Monday.
- 1 large salmon fillet, cut in 1/2 or 2 (8 to 10 oz fillets)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Juice from one medium size lime
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/4 C honey
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, 1 chopped chipotle pepper and lime juice. Place salmon in a dish and coat with the olive oil mixture, marinate for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the salmon from the mixture and cook it in a medium-high heat skillet, that has been lightly drizzled with olive oil.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the honey and adobo sauce and 1 chopped chipotle in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the salmon about 7 minutes on each side, until the salmon is opaque on the sides and flakes with a fork.
- Remove the salmon to a plate and then drizzle with the honey chipotle mixture.
The salmon is moist, flaky, sweet and spicy and absolutely tonguegasmic!
If you’re playing along with Mouthwatering Mondays, please say ‘Hi’, sign Mr. Linky with your MWM post url, grab your tonguegasmic button and then visit the other participants for some delicious meal ideas.0