I have had the most amazing time in Los Angeles! Thank you to Kraft Singles and everyone at the Grilled Cheese Invitational for this amazing opportunity! Thank you Busy Dad for making my first night so wonderful, thank you Janet, for taking me to Venice Beach and all that entailed . Christy and Marie, it was a blast hanging out and getting Cheesy with y’all! There are more mentions and amazing people that I met, but I’m exhausted so that’s all my brain can give y’all.
Since I am still reeling and recovering from my sunburn (ouch) and all of the amazingness of this weekend, and the fact that it will be WELL after midnight by the time that I get back to my house, today’s Mouthwatering Monday is one of my favorites and today’s dish is leftovers. One of my early recipes and postings.
It’s a tonguegasmic pairing of moist flank steak, savory garlic, sauteed spinach, crisp water chestnuts, seasonings and more.
Beef with Garlic and Spinach Stir Fry
- 1 1/4 lb sirloin flank steak cut into thin strips
- Soy sauce (duh)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili sauce ( find it with the oriental sauces)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C sliced carrots
- 2 C broccoli florets
- 1 C sliced zucchini
- 1 C sliced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, for color, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 C sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 1 (8oz) can water chestnuts &/or bamboo shoots
- 1 C green onions, chopped
- 3/4 bag fresh spinach leaves, torn
- Dump the beef, chili sauce, red pepper flakes, 5 spice, 3 of the minced cloves of garlic and about 1/2 C of soy sauce in a bag and let ‘marinate’ for about an hour or more.
- In your wok put about 2 Tbsp of oil and cook the beef in this until no longer pink, remove, cover and set aside.
- *I sliced the mushrooms lengthwise, the zucchini into coins and then in 1/2, the green onions I chopped into 1/4″ pieces. Cut things however you want however, try to keep their size uniform so they’ll cook evenly.
- Stir fry the carrots for about 2 minutes, then add the bell pepper, garlic, celery, mushrooms, zucchini and broccoli. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add water chestnuts and green onions and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Add spinach and beef and heat through until spinach is wilted. Serve over hot rice or noodles.
Are you joining the recipe sharing tonguegasmaliciousness that is Mouthwatering Mondays? YAY! Be sure to grab your MWM button, link back here in your post, link your post URL in the Mr. Linky and go visit some of the other participants!! Get new recipes, be inspired and start your tastebuds tingling!
You can find more recipes and fun at Chive Talkin’ Menu Planning, too