These blueberry muffins are nothin’ fancy, but they are absolutely delicious! Some of the best dishes are simple and basic, no need for frills and twenty dollar ingredients.
This recipe is an adaptation of the Blueberry Muffin recipe found in the Bisquick Cookbook.
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 Cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 Cups Milk
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp sugar (and more for the tops)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 1/4 Cups fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries (or raspberries, strawberries, blackberries it’s your call)
- Mix dry ingredients together and then add in the wet ingredients, don’t add in the blueberries yet, blending well.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Spray your muffin tins well with a baking spray with flour (I looove Pam for Baking)
- Using an ice cream scoop or larger spoon, spoon the batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full. For an added yum sprinkle the tops of the muffins with sugar before putting them in the oven.
- Bake about 18 minutes in a 400 F oven, or until the tops are golden and the muffins spring back when touched.
- Cool a few minutes in the tins and then use a butter knife to gently go around the sides of the muffins to help loosen them and then cool them on a baking rack until ready to eat.
These are a family favorite around here, the kids burn their mouths trying to devour them first, Nathan loves them with a bit of cinnamon butter and I enjoy them with apple butter or no butter at all. The hot bursts of the blueberries, combined with the savory hint of cinnamon and crisp crunch of the sugar glazed top… these will be a hit in your house, too.
Are you linking up your recipe? Thank you! I’m thrilled to have you and your recipes here! Be sure to sign Mr. Linky with your Mouthwatering Monday URL not your generic blog url. Grab your tonguegasmic button and link back here. Leave a note saying hi or howdy or how ya doin’ and make sure to pop in on the other participants! You’ll meet fellow foodies and gain inspiration for your own kitchen! Thanks Again!!