I’ve been taunting y’all for two weeks now with pictures and tweets about this delight.
Put on your drool bib and rev up your printers because this tonguegasmic delight is printworthy. Simply put, it’s creamy, spicy and just yum.
It also had me going to the liquor store for the first time in 5 or so years. WE drink beer and wine, y’know.. the stuff you buy at your local HEB. Vodka, cannot be purchased at my local HEB. So I ventured past the ‘Must Be 21 To Enter’ Sign, only to be greeted by a 7 year old behind the counter and a teenager doing inventory. ummmmmmmmmmmm. TABC what?
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lg. shallot, minced
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 to 1 C. heavy cream
- 1/2 C. vodka
- Fresh Spinach leaves, a couple of handfuls to liking
- 2 C sliced fresh mushrooms
- *flour or cornstarch might be necessary for thickening purposes
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled or sauteed in vodka and garlic, thinly sliced.
- 1 box Barilla Pasta Plus (penne or rigatoni) cooked as instructed on box
- In a pan over medium high heat, sautee garlic, shallot, mushrooms and onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Mix, breaking up tomatoes, and let cook on medium to high heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and vodka, blend lightly.
- Allow to bubble and simmer, stirring frequently, allow to cook for 8 to 12 minutes. If the sauce isn’t as thick as you would like, gradually add in flour or cornstarch.
- Right before serving, toss in spinach leaves to soften.
- Keep heated until serving.
Serve over pasta with fresh 4 cheese garlic bread and a crisp green salad.
I recommend tossing the sliced chicken, pasta and sauce together and then serving
If you’re joining in the Mouthwatering Mondays recipe sharing love, my tastebuds and I thank you!
Please leave a comment saying Hi, sign Mr. Linky with your MWM recipe URL, link back here in your post and grab your tonguegasmic button so that others can find us, and go visit other MWM participants! Thank you and happy eating!!
Some great menu planning and other recipes can be found here
and Please show one of my favorite Moms, OHMommy, some love and go vote for her video on YouTube: Just view the video she made and click on the stars to rate it! Thank you!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-H8FydJxWU