One of my favorite things about blogging is the connection to others.
Whether it’s through the sharing of our lives, laughter, family stories or our shared love of food… it’s just that, the sharing that makes this blogging thing so amazing.
Y’all know me, I am all about the food, I love spicy foods, sweet foods, crazy foods but most of all, I love real food. My friend Jessi sent me this recipe and just reading it had my tastebuds tingling and my fingers itching to get cooking. So much so, that I made it the very same night that she sent it to me.
I have a rosemary bush right outside my front door, and on those rare days that it rains in South Texas, the scent of rosemary floats around my front door and mists down the driveway to greet anyone who ventures towards my door.
There’s just something that I love about the combination of Lemon and Rosemary. They are simply irresistible – they are both fresh, invigorating and zingy.
Fresh rosemary, freshly juiced lemons, smashed garlic, olive oil, paprika and the surprising addition of cinnamon combine to bring this chicken recipe a deliciously savory, zingy and fresh flavor.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lemons, halved and juiced, (both rinds and juice will be used)
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper (I used 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp roasted cinnamon
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed with flat side of knife
- 6 whole sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Place the chicken into a large Ziploc baggie.
- Prep the lemons and garlic
- In a large bowl mix: lemon juice, olive oil, salt and spices. Pour into the bag over chicken.
- Add lemon halves, garlic and rosemary. Remove all air from the bag and seal.
- Smoosh all the ingredients around inside the bag to ensure that the chicken is well coated and the ingredients are well incorporated throughout the bag.
- Marinate (turning occasionally) for 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat up your grill and cook evenly on both sides, about 7 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear - or the internal temp reaches 165° F
This is simply amazing served with freshly steamed broccoli topped with freshly squeezed lemon juice