This Cheesy, Chipotle, Corn and Zucchini casserole is simply, in a word ~ tonguegasmic.
I was telling Nathan what all goes into it and he looked at me with that raised eyebrow and the corner of his mouth quirked in that annoyingly smug way and said; “Well, just make sure there’s more than just that for dinner”
Mr. Skeptical ate 2 big helpings the first night and then finished off the rest for dinner the next night.
This casserole combines some of my favorite flavors and textures: crunchy sizzling bacon, the sweet snap of sauteed onions, spicy smoky-sweet chipotles, crisp sweet corn, gooey cheese and yummy zucchini.
(are you drooling yet?)
Cheesy Chipotle, Corn and Zucchini Casserole
Recipe adapted from one I found on my iFood Assistant. Can be seen here on Kraft.com
- 3 Tbsp Basil Parmesan Vinaigrette dressing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped (about 5 Cups)
- 1 C frozen corn, thawed (I use sweet corn)
- 1 to 2 C pizzeria 4 cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, romano and parmesan)
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 4 Chipotles in adobo, chopped (start with 1, remember this is the heat aspect)
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Heat the dressing in a large skillet over medium-high heat
3. Add onions and bacon; cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the onions are just beginning to soften and you want to dive in because the smell of bacon and onions together is too tempting.
4. Stir in zucchini and cook about 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is lightly browned. Stir the mixture occasionally to ensure even browning.
5. Remove from heat; add corn, 1 C cheese, sour cream and chipotles. Mix well.
6. Spoon into 2 to 2 1/2 Qt baking dish. Top with 1 C cheese and bake about 15 minutes or until the cheese on top is all melty and gooey.
Stir and serve.
This is one of my new favorite side dishes. Mr. Skeptical even asked me when I was making it again. I can’t even begin to describe how much I love this melty, ooey, gooey, cheesy, spicy, creamy zucchini and corn casserole.
if you’re linking your tonguegasmic recipe up to the Mouthwatering Monday linky, Thank You! I love finding new blogs and new recipes!
Please link your recipe URL, not your blog url. Please leave a comment, make sure you link back here in your post and most importantly, go visit your fellow linkers!0