Chocolate and Caramel and Pretzels, Oh My!

rollo pretzels

Today’s recipe is a delicious treat of salty pretzels, creamy rich caramel filled chocolate and topped with a candy or nut of your choice.

This is another one of those recipes that came from my Granny’s recipe box.  This handwritten card caught my eye because it mentioned chocolate and pretzels.  Chocolate and salt with caramel thrown in.. these are insanely addictive, delicious and fun to make.  Princess helped me make them and devour the ones that were *oopsies*  I mean really, we couldn’t give the teachers the ones that the chocolate softened so much that the caramel started to ooze out.  Sheesh, we have some pride in our work ;-)

Recipe: Rollo Topped Pretzels

• mini pretzels
  • bag of rollo candies
  • toppings: m&m’s and walnuts are our preference

1. Pre-heat oven to 250
  2. Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet
  3. Place a rollo in the center of each pretzel
  4. Place in the oven for about 5 minutes, just long enough for the rollos to soften.
  5. Remove from the oven and top with the m&m’s or walnuts
  6. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Variations

* if you happen to LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, substitute mini peanut butter cups for the Rollos

I can’t wait to see this week’s recipes!  I love reading what y’all are cooking and sharing with your families!

This is a big week for us! Monkey gets out of pre-school and Princess “graduates” from kindergarten on Friday!!

Comments

1. Stephanie says

thanks now i am drooooling all over my laptop….i am soooo saving this one for when i get off the Hawaii diet.

Okay, your recipe definitely sound yummier than mine – chocolate, caramel and pretzels versus veggie spaghetti – bit of a no contest! I’ll definitely be giving those yummy treats a try!!

We make these with Kisses instead of Rolos every year at Christmas. Love them!
    .-= Karly´s most recent blog ..Chocolate Chip Surprise Muffins =-.

4. Miss says

I made these during Christmas but instead of rolos, just used hershey kisses. They were a HIT! I’m totally using rolos next time because those are sooo good. OH! What about using Junior Mints? Throw in the minty flavor?

So many variations!!
    .-= Miss´s most recent blog ..The one about our reading situation =-.

SO many! YUM. I love Junior Mints. The variations are endless and really.. you have chocolate, crunch and salt.. how could you go wrong?

MWAH

5. Liberty says

HATE HATE HATE that I’m sugar free right now…but will be making these for a sweet treat for my baintrain!
    *blessing, KS*

6. Oystergirl@A Moderate Life says

Happy monday. Those candies look divine and we all know LOVE makes them so much better! Thanks for sharing your space with us. My recipes are for quick and easy home made citrus soda and crunch kid friendly sourdough croutons! Enjoy!
    .-= Oystergirl@A Moderate Life´s most recent blog ..Two for Tuesday! Whey Soda and Sourdough Croutons! =-.

7. Bremda says

I have a question. Once they are hardened in the fridge can I take them out and put them in a Christmas tin and mail them to someone?

Thanks, they look yummy!!!

8. Shannon says

These work best using the waffle pretzels and a pecan half pressed into it. Like eating a turtle. Also if you want to spend the extra money and get the good butter flavored waffle pretzels they taste even better.

Hi Shannon, That’s definitely a good way to make them, too. I have that recipe on here, too. My kids prefer them with the m&m’s and it seems the adults are split m&m’s and nuts.

I don’t know if it’s a local thing, but waffle pretzels are almost impossible to find down here! It’s crazy.

Thanks for stopping in and saying Hi

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. But think about if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could definitely be one of the very best in its field. Fantastic blog!Roofing of Fort Worth, 8100 Wallace Road, Fort Worth, TX 76135 – (817) 330-8100

1. […] once in a while to prevent scorching.*Serve over rice, with plenty of the sauce.Enjoy!Submitted to Mouth Watering Mondays.Tagged as: recipeThis website uses IntenseDebate comments, but they are not currently loaded […]