Today’s recipe is a delicious treat of salty pretzels, creamy rich caramel filled chocolate and topped with a candy or nut of your choice.
This is another one of those recipes that came from my Granny’s recipe box. This handwritten card caught my eye because it mentioned chocolate and pretzels. Chocolate and salt with caramel thrown in.. these are insanely addictive, delicious and fun to make. Princess helped me make them and devour the ones that were *oopsies* I mean really, we couldn’t give the teachers the ones that the chocolate softened so much that the caramel started to ooze out. Sheesh, we have some pride in our work
Recipe: Rollo Topped Pretzels
- mini pretzels
- bag of rollo candies
- toppings: m&m’s and walnuts are our preference
- Pre-heat oven to 250
- Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet
- Place a rollo in the center of each pretzel
- Place in the oven for about 5 minutes, just long enough for the rollos to soften.
- Remove from the oven and top with the m&m’s or walnuts
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
* if you happen to LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, substitute mini peanut butter cups for the Rollos
I can’t wait to see this week’s recipes! I love reading what y’all are cooking and sharing with your families!
This is a big week for us! Monkey gets out of pre-school and Princess “graduates” from kindergarten on Friday!!