This light, refreshing, fruity cake is a perfect summer treat, it’s cool and bright and delicious!
This is a perfect cooking with kids recipe, there’s really no cooking involved! Only mixing and blending!
Recipe: Strawberry Pineapple Summer Cake
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 1 package (3.4 oz) French Vanilla Instant Jello Pudding
- 2 C Cool Whip (thawed, obviously)
- 1 (10 oz) round Angel Food Cake
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Slice the Angel Food Cake into 3 even layers (freeze it for about 15 minutes to make slicing it easier)
- Mix the crushed pineapple and pudding together, slowly add in the cool whip, mixing into fully incorporated
- Spread the pineapple mixture evenly over the bottom layer, top with freshly sliced fruit
- place the middle cake layer on top of this and repeat with the middle and top layers.
- place the cake in the freezer if you want to serve it frozen, or leave in the refrigerator.
* Topping it with fresh sliced pineapple chunks would also be a nice addition!
Thank you so much for joining in the Mouthwatering Mondays recipe sharing fun! I love seeing what y’all are cooking up and feeding your friends and families! Please leave your recipe URL in the Mister Linky, leave a comment and then go visit the other linkers and maybe make some new blogging friends!