Oregano, basil, dill and green onions combine to make a delicious and refreshing mayonnaise that will change the way you look at sandwiches forever.
I know that I totally missed Mouthwatering Monday last week, sorry y’all ;-) We didn’t come back from our camping trip until late on Monday and then I didn’t even turn my computer on until Wednesday.
Now without further chatter, here’s the recipe for my new favorite mayonnaise I’ve added it to ham and cheese, grilled cheese, toasted roast beef and sauteed onion sandwiches and more.
Recipe: Fresh Herb Mayonnaise
- 2 C mayo
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped green onions
- Chop your herbs and mix them with your mayonnaise
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to incorporate and get all yummy for at least 4 hours
* you can absolutely change the amounts of each ingredient according to your personal palate or even add or change the herbs
My favorite way to use this: Smoked Ham or Turkey with swiss and salad greens on toasted whole grain bread.
SO yummy! Nathan’s favorite; Smoked Ham and Cheddar with Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Here’s the recipe for my Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Mayonnaise
Trying the image linkies this week, I’d love to hear your thoughts about this vs the typical word only link list.
Y’all know the Mouthwatering Monday rules; Link only to your recipe URL, not your general blog URL. Link your recipe, leave a comment, visit the other participants and make sure you link back here in your post so that others can find the Mouthwatering fun, too! I can’t wait to see what y’all have been cooking up!