When my parents came to visit last weekend they brought me a new cookbook; cookbooks are one of my favorite things ever. I have a bit of a collection, I should show y’all pictures of it sometime…
While I was skimming through the cookbook I came upon a Parmesan Pretzel Rod recipe and knew I had to try it.
Garlic, Parmesan, Cayenne, Oregano, Butter and Olive Oil combined with crispy salty pretzel rods… yes, please!
I would shake more of the excess coating before baking next time, they’re still amazingly good but, the coating is a bit heavy as seen in this picture
- 1 C grated Parmesan/Asiago Cheese Mix (yes, the stuff in the shaker)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Mexican Oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (or ¼ tsp for the sensitive palate)
- 6 Tbsp butter, sliced for easier melting
- ¼ C olive oil
- roughly 25 to 30 pretzel rods
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic, oregano and cayenne
- Put olive oil and butter in a small saucepan, heat until the butter is melted
- Coat ½ to ¾ of the pretzel rod with the butter/oil mixture; roll the pretzel rods in the cheese mixture and gently tap to shake the excess cheese from the pretzel.
- Put the pretzel rods on an un-greased baking sheet, bake at 275 F for 10 minutes, turn each pretzel rod halfway and then bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store in a closed container.
Today is Princess’ first day of First Grade! YAY! Thus the teacher’s gift inspired recipe
The image linkies were such a big hit last week that I’m using them again! Once you’ve linked up your recipe, please leave a comment and then go visit the other participants to see what tonguegasms they’ve been cooking up and sharing! Make sure that you link back here in your post so that others can find and share in the Mouthwatering Monday fun!