Can you tell from the title that this is going to be a post about Pyrex?
I have a very serious relationship with my Pyrex.
Honestly y’all, my Pyrex dishes are one of my favorite (and most used) wedding gifts.
It’s not that I don’t love the gold rimmed crystal goblets and gold and silver sterling silverware sets… but, we aren’t fancy people 😉
Y’all have seen pictures of my favoritest-favoritest-favoritest Pyrex thing before
Remember those? I even wrote a post on Blissfully Domestic about my 5 Must Have Kitchen Gadgets (non-electric) and they were at the top of the list.
I haven’t gotten into once a month cooking yet, however, I am a huge proponent of easy cooking and especially since we’re so busy with PTA and Soccer and Birthdays and School and… you know, life! I’m always ready for anything that makes cooking and life easier 🙂 I love one dish meals, preparing veggies ahead of time and keeping them in the fridge for easy snacking and grabbing for adding to meals. I love when I can prep, cook, serve, refrigerate/freeze something all in the same dish.
It really is the little things that make me the happiest, y’all.
Nathan works looooooong hours and unfortunately he can’t come home for lunch; so I tryto send healthy, filling, delicious meals with him that he can keep in the work refrigerator and easily re-heat. Home cooking, there’s just nothing like it and just because he can’t be at home, doesn’t mean he should suffer :-), right?!
Pyrex makes that easy for me and when I was contacted by Pyrex about reviewing their nifty new line of No Leak Lids Glass Storage Products… YES PLEASE!
I did a little happy dance when the box arrived at my house and I saw all the goodies inside; I also giggled when I saw my measuring spoons 🙂
These rockin’ dishes and lids– I love! L-O-V-E, y’all. LOVE!!
I especially love the nifty little steam release on the lids so that the food can be microwaved with the lid on, allowing for the steam to release and NO MESSY MICROWAVE! YAY!!! (Now, if I can only get Nathan to remember to bring the dishes HOME from work!)
I got the goodies right before we left for our cruise and I started using them as soon as we returned, I have ALWAYS used Pyrex, I looove Pyrex and the addition of a few new goodies, like the flat whisk (awesome for sauces and soups), the grater with attached measuring cup (perfect for grating parm for my pasta sauces and salads) makes my kitchen a happier and more efficient place for me :-).
Guess what — One of y’all gets the same Pyrex goodies that I got!!!!!!
Here’s what you’ll get:
Pyrex Supper Saver Package
* Grocery list pads – For meal planning before you head to the store.
* Reusable grocery bags – Plastic is so 90’s.
* Three (3) Pyrex No Leak Lids Glass Storage products – You can bake in them, store in them…what’s not to love?!?
* Mezzaluna – Good chopper tool for easy prep, plus, let’s face it, I think it looks cool.
* Pinch bowls – Perfect to prep and measure.
* Small spatula – Good for mixing and cooking.
* Grater with container – Everything tastes better with a little cheese on top!
* Basting brush –If all else fails, brush some BBQ sauce on previously prepared meats for a tasty re-heat dish!
Are you as excited as I am?
Okay, here’s how to enter:
Remember each entry should be left as a separate comment:
- (mandatory) Leave a comment telling me about your favorite Pyrex product: (is it your baking dish? a whisk? Magnetic Measuring Spoons? Storage?)
- (bonus) Tell me what you do to make suppertime easier
- (bonus) Tweet this and link your Tweet in the comment section: Tweet
I will use comment contest plug-in to choose the winner of the Pyrex Supper Saver package and THEN I’ll use comment contest plug-in to choose a second winner who’ll receive the set of Magnetic Measuring Spoons that was included in MY package. Since I already own them, I figure I’ll pay these forward 🙂
Contest Open from Thursday, October 28th through Sunday, October 31st at 10:00 PM CST.
** I received these products to review from Pyrex, however, the opinions and enthusiasm are 100% mine and not compensated in any way.