I love appetizers.
I love foods that are full of flavor, eaten with your hands and often messy.
I’m a connoisseur of buffalo wings, salsas, queso, quesadillas, onion dips, pico de gallo, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, cream cheese stuffed peppers and more.
I love the food that is easily prepared, easily eaten, finger lickin’ delicious and fun.
When trying to come up with an additional, quick and delicious recipe for our football gathering today, this is what I came up with.
Fresh lime juice, heady cilantro, sweet corn, black beans, jalapenos and fragrant cumin combine to create a delicious chilled and simple appetizer.
Open one (15 oz) can of black beans, drain and rinse
add in one (15 oz) can of sweet corn (drained)
The juice of 3 limes, 1/2 C chopped cilantro, 1 Tbsp cumin, 2 (10 oz) cans of tomatoes and green chilies (drained), 1/2 C finely chopped red onion, and one diced jalapeno
Combine all ingredients and put in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours
Here’s what you need to do. RESIST opening your refrigerator over and over and over just so that you can smell the delicious scent of limes and cilantro and cumin.
Do NOT sneak spoonfuls of this pico de gallo because if you do, there won’t be any left over for your friends.
And trust me, if they find out that you’ve made this and didn’t share — you’ll be in trouble 🙂
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 oz) cans of Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chilies - drained
- The juice of 3 limes (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ½ C diced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn
- Drain most of the juice from the Ro*Tel
- Mix the corn and black beans with 2 cans of Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Dice the onion, chop the jalapeno and mix with the beans and corn.
- Juice 3 limes over the mixture
- Add in 1 Tbsp cumin
- Mix well
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro (and additional lime juice, if desired)