The Holiday Bake, Craft, Sew Along is BACK!
Do you want some Sewing Inspiration for Holiday Gift Ideas? Skip To My Lou has those!
How about some new Craft Ideas for handmade Holiday Gifts? According to Kelly has those!
Need ideas for Homemade Food Gift ideas for the Holidays? I’ll have those here!
You can visit each of our blogs every day in September for great inspiration for all your Handmade Holiday Ideas!!
Today’s deliciousness is brought to you courtesy of Janel, from Seven Sisters. Without further ado….
Hi everyone! I’m Janel from Seven Sisters. I am happy to be part of this fun Holiday Bake, Craft & Sew Along. Thank you to Rachel for hosting all of these yummy recipes and fun food gifts for the holidays!
I am just one-seventh of the crafty girls who make up Seven Sisters. We have fun sharing laughs, recipes and craft projects…however crazy some of them may be! I am also a wife, mom and a pharmacist who would rather be on Pinterest than filling prescriptions! And now, on with the show…
This is a gift idea of a coffee and cookie to go. It is a store bought coffee drink with a crafty holder for one yummy cookie. A simple, but heart felt token, perfect for teachers, co-workers, bus drivers or the mailman. (do people give gifts to their mailman?) ☺
First, the cookie…how about a snowflake cut-out cookie just to get us in the holiday mood!
This is my mother-in-law’s Christmas Cut-Out Cookie recipe, they are yummy and what makes them special is the addition of anise oil to the glaze.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt
- 1 & ⅓ cup shortening
- 2 Cups sugar.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ Cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla.
- Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
- 2 drops anise oil.
- In a large bowl combine; flour, baking powder and salt, mix together with a wire whisk and set aside.
- Cream Together: Shortening and Sugar - add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix together until well blended.
- Chill the dough.
- Roll out and cut with floured cookie cutters
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes
- Mix Confectioners sugar with teaspoons of milk until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Add 2 drops anise oil