We’re kicking 2012 off the right way!
With Bacon Wrapped Asparagus!
Y’all, these bacon wrapped asparagus bundles are so simple to make and so delicious!
I made these several times at my parents house over Christmas break and my goodness, all y’all on Instar.gram just went gaga over it. We ate them hot. warm and even cold and they were delicious every single time!
These are so simple, yet impressive.
Take a bundle of asparagus, rinse it well and lay it on a paper towel.
Take each piece of asparagus one hand on each end and bend, the asparagus will snap at it’s natural breaking point – toss the bottom, tough piece and set the top aside. Repeat with each spear.
Pre-heat oven to 400 F
Lay all the snapped spears on a cutting board and dish and drizzle with olive oil and top with your favorite seasoning. I prefer Zatarain’s Big & Zesty Garlic & Herb Creole Seasoning. At my parent’s house I used a Southwest Seasoning and a Season Salt – you really can’t go wrong. Toss the asparagus around in the olive oil and seasoning until all the spears are well coated
Count out the spears into bundles of 10 – 12 spears. I can get 4 bundles out of each bunch of asparagus.
Starting at the bottom of a bundle, wrap tightly all the way up with a thick piece of bacon
Place the bacon wrapped spears on a broiler pan over another tray, once they’re all done, place them in the 400 F oven and cook about 20 minutes – or until the asparagus is cooked to your liking. (the cooking time will depend upon the thickness of the spears)
Serve with whatever you like, or these would even make fun snacks for a party, maybe even with this chili garlic dipping sauce – YUM!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- olive oil
- Favorite Seasoning - I use Zatarain's Big & Zesty Garlic & Herb Creole Seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F
- Wash and dry the asparagus spears, snap them at their natural breaking point and lay the tops out on a dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings, toss to fully coat.
- Separate the spears into bundles of 10 - 12 spears, I can usually get 4 bundles out of a bunch.
- Beginning at the bottom of the bundle, tightly wrap a slice of bacon all the way up the bundle.
- Once the bundles are complete, place them in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the spears are cooked to your liking - the timing will depend upon the thickness of the spears and how you like your asparagus cooked.
These can be done on the grill, too. You'd have to pay more attention to them, though and turn them so that they cook thoroughly on all sides.
if you like this recipe, you’ll love these bacon wrapped roasted green beans from Karly
Happy first Mouthwatering Monday of 2012, y’all! Thank you for linking up your recipes every week! I get so much inspiration and joy from seeing what y’all are sharing with your friends and family each week.