This is the Cycle 1 recipe of the The 17 Day Diet that won my husband over. This is the recipe that lock, stock and barrel sold him on the diet and kept him going through the 1st cycle.
I’ll admit it, taking a steak and potatoes and beer boy and saying – “Oh, by the way for 17 days – it’s nothing but veggies, protein and low carb fruits… oh, did I mention you are only supposed to drink water and green tea” it’s sort of like waving raw meat in front of a crocodile — dangerous.
Here’s the thing. This diet, it’s worked for us.
Nathan has lost and maintained the loss of 40 pounds. I have lost and maintained the loss of 30 pounds.
This isn’t so much a recipe, as a suggestion.
It’s more a … here’s how we put this together.
It may not work for y’all. Do the research give it a chance, it might work for you.
- 1½ lb fresh ground turkey
- ¼ to ½ C Homemade Taco Seasoning
- ¼ C water
- 2 C spinach or other leafy dark green salad mix
- ½ C pico de gallo
- In a medium skillet over low - medium heat, add 1½ lb ground turkey and 2 Tbsp taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until done.
- Add 2 Tbsp to ¼ C more taco seasoning and ¼ C water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes to 1 hr.
Favorites from Last Week:
I know, it wasn’t a *real* recipe, but it’s one that has proved invaluable to us. It’s one of our favorites.
I can’t wait to see what y’all have to share this week!
Remember to visit others, leave comments, link back and share the love!