Peanut Butter is one of those ingredients that you either love or hate.
I’ve never met someone who’s ‘meh’ about peanut butter
While I was growing up, Peanut Butter was not an ingredient in anything other than cookies, sandwiches and occasionally, if you were wild and crazy… cheesecakes or brownies.
We are definitely living in a different world.
Peanut butter shows up in chinese food, desserts, pizzas, candies and pretty much any dish you can think of
My ingredient for this week’s HEB Meal Maker Challenge was Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
Last year I made some ridiculously delicious Peanut Butter, Honey, Apple and Bacon sandwiches that knocked our socks off.
This year, my kids are on a brekkie and brunch kick.
I firmly stand in the french toast as one of the best breakfasts ever camp, so I decided that Peanut Butter stuffed french toast needed to be made.
I was right.
I was so very, very right.
It was so very, very good.
- ½ C Peter Pan Peanut Butter (Creamy, Chunky or Honey Roasted)
- 10 slices Texas Toast
- 4 Eggs
- ½ C milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- ½ Tbsp Roasted Ground Cinnamon
- *** Honey, Maple Syrup, Powdered Sugar – optional toppings
- 1. Pre-heat griddle to 350 or Medium High Heat
- 2. Spread peanut butter thickly on one slice of Texas Toast (or your favorite French toast bread) top with another slice. Repeat this with all 10 slices, until you have 5 Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast Sandwiches
- 3. Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together
- 4. Dip the Bread into the egg mixture – coating both sides well. Press the bread into the mixture and allow some of the egg mixture to soak into the bread.
- 5. Place onto your hot griddle – repeat with the other 4 sandwiches.
- 6. Cook about 4 – 6 minutes per side, or until crispy and golden and thoroughly cooked
- 7. Serve topped with sifted powdered sugar, maple syrup or honey…
- 8. Delicious with fresh fruit and crispy bacon.
As with last year’s challenge – this is more than just a recipe creation challenge – it’s also a competition. The 2 bloggers whose recipes receive the most votes will meet up in a head to head live cook-off at Texas HEB for a chance to win a $1000 HEB gift card. Y’all can vote once a day for your favorite recipes, it’s up to y’all who goes to this cook-off. I urge y’all to go look at the other Meal Maker Challenge participants – they’re an exceptional bunch of people and please, vote for your favorites!
I’m a compensated participant in HEB and ConAgra Foods Meal Maker Challenge. The recipes and opinions are 100% my own, as is my hope that you’ll vote for my recipes daily so that I can participate in a live cook-off at a Texas H-E-B store in an effort to win a $1000 H-E-B gift card.0