There are many recipes that invoke powerful memories by their mere taste and smell, homemade granola is one of those recipes for me.
The scent of homemade granola whisks me back to childhood and bare feet, kiddie pools, crayons and laughter.
I’ve shared my own somewhat adapted homemade granola recipe with y’all before and to this day it remains one of my favorite recipes.
Since sharing that recipe with y’all, I have discovered Coconut Oil.
I am not exaggerating in the least when I tell y’all that I. Love. Coconut Oil
… and since several of y’all expressed a dislike of my use of vegetable oil in the granola… I decided to try it with coconut oil instead.
I was anything but disappointed.
I think this is my new favorite.
Make this for yourself.. make it for your friends… make it as a gift for your favorite teachers…
Hell, make it for a complete stranger
Happy Mouthwatering Monday, y’all!
I love Mondays It’s the beginning of a new week AND it’s the day that we share recipes and deliciousness with each other!
Here are my favorites from Last Week’s Mouthwatering Monday
- Homemade Cracker Jacks from Hezzi-D’s
- Peach Cinnamon Rolls from Melissa’s Cuisine
- Pumpkin Coconut Shrimp Curry from Newlyweds
- Chicken Ravioli with Ancho Chili Cream Sauce from Carissa’s Food Blog
Alright, here we go!
- Grab a button and share the love!
- Make sure that y’all leave a comment saying Hi, introducing yourselves, telling me what you think of the recipe… anything
- Link up your own recipe and link back in your own recipe
- Visit each other and share the love with comments, tweets, Facebooking and Pins!