I put this picture up on Instagram the other day.
August 2011 vs August 2012
It’s actually shocking for me to see that picture on the left.
I became adept at avoiding pictures and mirrors alike.
It took me more than 2 years to pick up the gauntlet that I threw down, but I’ve never been happier and I have my husband and The 17 Day Diet to thank for it.
I’ll write more about The 17 Day Diet later – but you can follow that link to the book and read the reviews for yourself.
I was truly blessed that Nathan agreed to do the lfestyle change with me – it makes a huge difference to have a partner along for the journey to support you and keep you on track.
I’ve shared a few of our favorite 17 Day Diet recipes before and here’s another one that we absolutely love – especially because it’s so easy!
If you make it 100% according to the 17 Day Diet recipe – it has 4 ingredients (5 plus the chicken)
Mine has a couple more ingredients – but only because one thing that Nathan and I discovered during our time following the eating plan to a T and the year following (where we have kept off the weight – thankyouverymuch) is that we love spice to our food and enjoy really flavorful food versus deep fried or super salty (mmmm salt)
My whole family devoured this chicken (truth: Princess scraped most of the sauce off her chicken because she’s going through an anti-sauce phase of life – seriously, y’all – I don’t even know her!)
Monkey liked it so much he took it to school the next day for lunch
Seriously, y’all – I couldn’t even get a picture of the plated dish with the broccoli because little fingers kept snatching bites and bigger ones kept walking off with the plates
(The trials and tribulations of the family food blogger )
Y’all ready for my slightly adapted version of the 17 Day Diet Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken?
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts - I use hormone free chicken
- ¾ Reduced Sugar, Low Carb Catsup/Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dash of red pepper flakes, if your family likes it spicy
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place your chicken breasts in the baking dish
- Bake about 20 minutes
- While the chicken breasts are cooking, mix together the Catsup/Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Agave Nectar, chili powder and cumin (red pepper flakes optional)
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and brush them liberally with your barbecue sauce.
- Return them to the oven and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of 165°F
Some other 17 Day Diet Friendly Recipes that we love:
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken
- Turkey Taco Salad
- Salmon and Veggie Stir Fry from Aggie’s Kitchen
Sorry that MWM got missed this week – there’s been a lot going on and I’m way behind – playing catch up this week, but I have lots of yumminess in store!
What’s new in your world? I’d love to hear your thoughts on the recipe, the pictures, your experiences with healthy eating or whatever’s on your mind