Welcome to the Holiday Bake Craft Sew Along!
Hello everyone! My name is Cindy Hopper and I blog at Skip to my Lou. I hope you all are enjoying our Holiday Bake Craft Sew Along! I love making home made gifts! You might enjoy browsing through my Home Made Gift Guide!
I use my friend Di’s recipe.
- ½ Cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- ¼ Cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 quarts (12 cups) popped corn
- In heavy saucepan on medium to medium-high heat melt butter then add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly.
- Once mixture boils stop stirring and boil for 5 minutes (Do not stir). Remove from heat and carefully stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour mixture over popped corn. Gently stir to coat popcorn.
- Place popcorn into a large roaster or rimmed baking sheet and bake at 225° F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Two batches of this recipe filled my three containers from Wal-Mart perfectly.
Stop by Skip to my Lou’s Facebook page to enter the Sweet! Giveaway today (you only have today to enter on my site)! You can win a $100 gift certificate to Sweet! Baking supply along with other cook books and goodies. You won’t want to miss this!