Welcome to the Holiday Bake Craft Sew Along!
Hello everyone! My name is Cindy Hopper and I blog at Skip to my Lou. I hope you all are enjoying our Holiday Bake Craft Sew Along! I love making home made gifts! You might enjoy browsing through my Home Made Gift Guide!
This caramel corn recipe makes a great edible gift! It is extra delicious and super simple to make! I love simple recipes!
I use my friend Di’s recipe.
- ½ Cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- ¼ Cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 quarts (12 cups) popped corn
- In heavy saucepan on medium to medium-high heat melt butter then add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly.
- Once mixture boils stop stirring and boil for 5 minutes (Do not stir). Remove from heat and carefully stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour mixture over popped corn. Gently stir to coat popcorn.
- Place popcorn into a large roaster or rimmed baking sheet and bake at 225° F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Â© A Southern Fairytale. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Two batches of this recipe filled my three containers from Wal-Mart perfectly.
I would love to stay connected! You can follow me on pinterest and like me on facebook. I have some free printable gift tags for your home made gifts for all my friends on facebook!
Stop by Skip to my Lou’s Facebook page to enter the Sweet! Giveaway today (you only have today to enter on my site)! You can win a $100 gift certificate to Sweet! Baking supply along with other cook books and goodies. You won’t want to miss this!