Happy Sunday, y’all! Welcome to Day 9 of
Hope y’all have been enjoying all the deliciousness that these wonderful guest posters have been sharing! Today, we have the lovely and sweet Johnna from, In Johnna’s Kitchen
Make sure you stop by her blog today and say Hi and enter to win the wonderful giveaway we’ve got going on!!!
Don’t forget to stop by According 2 Kelly to get some Craft inspiration and Skip To My Lou for your daily does of Sewing inspiration, plus the links to the other 2 amazing giveaways we have going on!!!
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted & sliced in half (I like the ones from the produce department best, softer)
- 1 cup raw almonds (if you only have roasted, use those!)
- ⅔ cup dried cherries, not sweetened with sugar
- ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life
- 2 crushed candy canes, plus 2 additional for final step
- 1 t. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract or scrape one vanilla bean
- ¼ t. sea salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- In the bowl of food processor, add dates and process until they form a ball. Remove from the food processor.
- Next, process cashews, cherries, chocolate chips and 2 candy canes until they are finely chopped. Stop before the cashews turn into a powder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dates, cashews, cherries, chocolate chips and candy canes. Add in the vanilla and sea salt. Mix very well with your hands until everything is well incorporated. This is like kneading dough. You'll have a very sticky mixture.
- Roll into 24 equal sized balls. Roll each ball in cocoa powder. If you like a lighter coating, use a pastry brush to remove a bit of the cocoa powder. Finish by lightly pressing top into remaining 2 crushed candy canes.