Microwave Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Popcorn
Happy Monday, y’all! Welcome to Day 17 of
I’m so happy to welcome the ladies from eighteen 25 back to the Holiday Bake, Craft, Sew along. These wonderful women have been around since the beginning and they always have delicious treats and amazing crafts to share. If y’all haven’t met them yet… stop now. do not pass go. do not collect $200… go subscribe to them and THEN come back here to check out their delicious contribution to our Bake Craft Sew Along 2012!
Hope y’all have been enjoying all the deliciousness that these wonderful guest posters have been sharing!
Don’t forget to stop by According 2 Kelly to get some Craft inspiration and Skip To My Lou for your daily does of Sewing inspiration, plus the links to the other 2 amazing giveaways we have going on!!!
we’re the girls from eighteen25
. jamie, jodie and jennifer.
and we’re so happy to be participating in the holiday bake, craft & sew along again this year.
one of our must-have treats during the holidays is this super easy microwave caramel popcorn that our aunt shared with us years ago. and because we LOVE chocolate, we decided to add some on this time and we were pretty pleased with the results.
it’s a little dangerous how quickly you can whip up a couple batches of this sinful treat.
but that just means, in no time, you can make some to share with your neighbors and have some for yourself to enjoy while watching elf for the 100th time.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• brown paper bag (you should be able to ask for these at most grocery stores)
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 3 bags microwave butter popcorn (generic works great)
• chocolate candy coating
• pop 3 bags of microwave popcorn according to directions on package
• pour popcorn into brown paper bag
• combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a microwavable bowl.
• microwave for 2 minutes. stir. microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
• add baking soda and stir well.
• pour mixture into the brown paper bag, over popcorn. roll bag shut and shake.
• microwave the whole bag for 45 seconds. shake again. (repeat 3 more times)
• carefully pour popcorn onto some waxed paper.
• melt chocolate according to directions on package. then put into a small ziploc bag. cut a corner off of the bag and drizzle the chocolate all over your popcorn.
• let that sit for a few minutes. then package it up and pass some out.
thanks for having us today!!
. . . .