Happy Tuesday, y’all! Welcome to Day 18 of
Today’s guest poster is one of my longest time blog crushes, idols and blog friends.
I remember the first time that I spotted those copper curls… those amazing, never to be mistaken for another, copper curls across the room at TechMunch in Austin, I couldn’t wait to go say Hi.
Bridget is as warm and adorable in person as her blog, her very well known blog would lead you to believe. She is also sweet, humble, funny and I swear y’all.. that hair of hers… I’m kind of surprised that her amazing hair doesn’t already have a blog dedicated to it.
If you aren’t already a follower of Bridget’s delicious and inspirational blog Bake at 350, well… you should be. Bridget’s AWESOME book – is one of the food inspired giveaways that one of y’all can win!!!!
Hope y’all have been enjoying all the deliciousness that these wonderful guest posters have been sharing!
Don’t forget to stop by According 2 Kelly to get some Craft inspiration and Skip To My Lou for your daily does of Sewing inspiration, plus the links to the other 2 amazing giveaways we have going on!!!
Packing Cookies for Shipping
So, your cookies are baked and decorated. Time to ship to friends and family for the holidays.
Wait. What? Ship?!? It’s scary, right? You’ve spent hours planning/baking/decorating all of those cookies only to plop them in a box and cross your fingers that they don’t break in transit? I’m here to tell you…there’s a way to ship them with confidence. You just need the right supplies.
- Start with the cookies (obviously). I like to put each one in an individual treat bag & tie with ribbon,
- next, grab a document-style box and line with a sheet of foam,
- place a single layer of cookies in the box,
- top with foam,
- add another layer of cookies,
- place a layer of foam on top and close the box,
- place the document box into a larger shipping box padded with packing peanuts.
- Ship away!
This is my tried-and-true method after many broken cookie heartaches.
Here’s a video for you, too!
Shipping cookies. You can do this.
Oh! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway. (I know the author of the cookie book. I’ll vouch for her.)
This is what you can win! Yay!
- a $100 credit to Sweet Baking Supply Co.
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole Young
- Decorating Cookies by Bridget Edwards
- Food Photography for Bloggers by Matt Armendariz