There are so many life lessons that I want to teach my children.
So many nuggets of wisdom that I want to place on their hearts with the strongest superglue possible.
The importance of being a friend, and understanding the precious gem that is true friendship is pretty high up on that list.
So as part of my Life is a Special Occasion Valentine’s Hallmark Series, I decided to share some of my friendship advice with my kids – and y’all.
Friendships: The Care and Keeping Of
1. Dates with your good friends are important for your soul – have them at least twice a month
2. Be friends with people who know how to have fun and make you laugh at life and yourself.
3. Tell them what they mean to you – frequently. I love sending cards and texts and surprising my friends with notes telling them how I appreciate them, and what their friendship means to me.
4. Find the ones who make your soul sing, and know that they are your heart friends and with them – you can do anything.
5. Be the friend who will drop their life in an instant to be there for them when they need holding and uplifting.
6. Start traditions together – the memories will last a lifetime and strengthen your bonds
7. Say you’re sorry, and admit when you’re wrong
8. Give forgiveness and don’t hold grudges
How do you strengthen the bonds of friendship? What would you like to tell your kids about making and keeping friends?
Thank you, Hallmark, for choosing me to be their Valentine’s “Life Is A Special Occasion” blogger for 2013. It’s an honor and joy to work with y’all again and to share my life with y’all every day.