This might be the creamiest most delicious fudge that I’ve ever had.
In November I received a lovely card and package with fudge from Diane, and in this pack was some fudge. This fudge… it was crazy good. There were nuts, cranberries, BOURBON and chocolate… it was out of this world.
After the first bite I knew I wanted to tweak the Dark Chocolate Walnut Fudge recipe that I already love, and I have to tell y’all – this cranberry, walnut, rum fudge is on a whole different level.
This fudge is out of control delicious.
The past month has been crazy and I’ve barely stepped foot in a kitchen, much less done any recipe creating or photographing.
We got home this weekend, and the first thing I wanted to do was make something to feed my soul; something decadent, rich, creamy, wonderful and happiness inducing.
This fudge meets every single criteria and then some.
The addition of the rum extract, good gracious y’all… it isn’t overwhelming, but it adds that extra oomph to this fudge that just makes you sigh with pleasure and the absolute rightness of it all.
One of the best things about this fudge, other than it’s amazing deliciousness and sheer awesomeness, is how quickly it comes together. You can have the fudge chilling in the fridge in under 15 minutes. Seriously.
Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and I personally think this fudge wrapped up in a pretty ribbon will ensure that you are everyone’s favorite Valentine!
Creamy, double chocolate fudge with rum, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- 2 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 C White Chocolate Chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 tsp Rum extract
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste)
- 1/2 C dried cranberries
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Line an 8X8 dish with foil - spray the foil with a little cooking spray
- in a large microwave safe dish, combine the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter, Rum, salt and Vanilla. Microwave on half power for about 2 1/2 minutes - stir.. put back in the microwave for another minute or two.
- You want the chips almost completely melted, they will melt the rest of the way while you stir the mixture.
- Stir the mixture
- Add in the dried cranberries and walnuts
- Pour the fudge into your foil lined dish; place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Cut into bite size pieces.