It’s finally here!
The California Avocado Cinco de Mayo Recipe Fiesta Link up and Giveaway is here!
Shawn and I have been gearing up for this for WEEKS – and we’re so excited to finally have it live!
If you’re in need of some inspiration – or just want something to drool at, here are a few recipes from my fellow California Avocado Ambassadors and myself.
Dara, from Cookin’ Canuck, shared her drool-worthy Kicked-Up Avocado Margaritas
Kristen, from Dine and Dish, shared her refreshing and simple to make B-A-T (Bacon, Avocado, Tomato) Pasta Salad
Shawn, from I Wash, You Dry, shared her Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Party Rolls
Now – it’s y’all’s turn to get busy in the kitchen with some fresh California Avocados and share your most tempting Cinco de Mayo California Avocado recipe with US!
Not only is this a chance to have some fun in the kitchen, share some yumminess, be inspired by others and bulk up your California Avocado recipe collection – there are some pretty spectacular prizes up for grabs, too!
How do you join the fiesta? Here are the details:
1. Get busy in the kitchen with California Avocados and create a Cinco de Mayo inspired recipe, then post it on your blog. You can enter up to 3 recipes, including ones that have previously been posted (as long as it has the information from #3 in it).
If you don’t have a blog, don’t worry! You can leave your recipe in the comments section for a chance to win as well.
2. During the two weeks of the Link-Up Fiesta (April 24th – May 8th) come back to either A Southern Fairytale or I Wash You Dry to submit your link in the widget towards the bottom of this post. (As Shawn and I will both be picking separate winners from our own individual linky, make sure to enter your recipe on both sites for double the chance to win!!)
Please leave a comment to let me know you linked up.
3. Somewhere in your post, please include the following, “Join A Southern Fairytale and I Wash, You Dry for the California Avocado Cinco de Mayo Recipe Fiesta, sponsored by the California Avocado Commission.”
In your recipe ingredients list, you must include “California avocado(s)” as one of the ingredients.
NOW! For the good stuff! The giveaway!!
Our friends at the California Avocado Commission are giving party participants the chance to win over $1600 in giveaway items!
The grand prize on each of our blogs will include one $500 USD American Express gift card and a California Avocado basket valued at $75 USD.
The second prize on each of our blogs will include one $250 USD American Express gift card.
Those are some pretty awesome party favors, right?
4. Do you want to help us spread the word on social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram? Of course you do, because what’s a fiesta without lots of friends?
Here are a couple of ways y’all can share the love:
Tweet about your avocado recipes, using the hashtag #CaAvoCincoFiesta. Encourage others to share their recipes, using the sample tweet below.
Instagram: Add photos of your avocado recipes to your Instagram account, using the hashtag #CaAvoCincoFiesta.
5. OPTIONAL: If you’ve already linked up a recipe and would like to earn additional entries, leave separate comments for each of the steps listed below. If you already follow the California Avocado Commission, just let me know that in your comments.
Sample tweet: “Join @SthrnFairytale and @IWashYouDry for #CaAvoCincoFiesta! Share your @Ca_Avocados recipes. $1600 in prizes. Plz RT! http://bit.ly/YPwhab ”
The giveaway is open only to U.S. residents but, if you live elsewhere, please still feel free to share your avocado recipes. This recipe fiesta and link-up is open from April 24th, 2013 to 11:59 PM CST May 8th, 2013.
The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond, or a new winner will be chosen.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Share your favorite California avocado recipes with us (up to 3 per person).