I have a confession to make, y’all.
I’m completely obsessed with these Honey Chipotle Spiced almonds. I have serious love for honey-chipotle anything, and when added to these almonds…
oh. my. word.
I made several variations of these, playing with the heat level, the honey, the spices, and the version that I’m sharing with y’all today is hands down my favorite.
I think I need to make nut deliveries, or have people come over because I can’t quit snacking on these.
They’re so good!
After all, there’s no way that you can go wrong with honey and chipotles and kosher salt.
Can I get an Amen?
After watching an entire batch of my bourbon glazed candied pecans disappear at Nathan’s birthday this past Saturday, I was determined to come up with another easy and delicious roasted nut recipe. Where the bourbon glazed pecans are sweet and crunchy – these Honey Chipotle Spiced Almonds are smoky and slightly spicy with just a hint of sweet.
My kids are picky about spices and trying new things. They both love raw almonds and roasted, salted almonds, and the bourbon glazed candied pecans got thumbs up from them, too. Getting them to try these was a bit tricky, but with a little reverse psychology, both kids were on board. They like the milder 1st batch that had 1/2 the amount of chipotle powder, while Nathan and I both prefer this recipe because it has a bit more heat.
It’s really a terrible thing to have to munch on different variations of honey chipotle glazed almonds </sarcasm>
These almonds can easily be made spicier, or sweeter, or even saltier – it’s totally up to you!
Do you have a spiced nut recipe that you are totally obsessed with? What’s your favorite flavor combination?
Thank you, Fisher Nuts, for supporting A Southern Fairytale and for sending us so many yummy nuts to snack on and recipe test with. #ThinkFisher My family absolutely loves it.
- 1 lb raw almonds
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper powder (also known as chipotle chili powder)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat the honey, butter and ½ tsp kosher salt until melted and simmering.
- Remove from heat and add the almonds and stir until they're completely coated
- Let the almonds sit while you line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Turn the almonds out onto the baking sheet and spread them out.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir. Bake another 5 minutes, stir. Bake 5 more minutes and remove from the oven.
- While the almonds bake, mix the chipotle powder, cinnamon, garlic powder and sugars.
- Line a counter or additional baking sheet with parchment.
- Once you've removed the almonds from the oven, toss the hot almonds in the spice mix until fully coated.
- Pour them out onto the parchment lined cooling area and carefully spread them out, separating them as best you can.
- Immediately sprinkle with 1 Tbsp kosher salt and dried rosemary.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.