“The real act of discovery is not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes”
- Marcel Proust
How’s your week going? Have you been looking for happiness, focusing on the beauty and joy? One of the greatest gifts that I’ve given myself, and in turn my family, and friends is to focus on happiness. They say it takes 30 days of doing something to make it a habit, and to live focusing on happiness intentionally is quite possibly one of the most powerful habits I’ve ever created for myself. It has quite literally changed my life, and I hope my children’s, too.
- I have to confess, I’ve only seen bits and pieces of Frozen and then only because we projected it onto the house this past weekend per the request of the world’s most adorable 5 year old neighbor-girl A.G. It’s very sweet, and fun, and follows the prototype. I haven’t been enchanted by the song ‘Let it Go’, although I adore Idina Menzel especially in Rent and Enchanted. However, today – I fell in love with this version of Let it Go – featuring the One Voice Children’s Choir and 11 year Lexi Walker. Give it a listen, it’s exquisite.
- I’m so excited to be partnering with California Avocados for a 2nd year, and with Del Campo T’Mates for the first time! I got shipments of both last week and I have had the best time recipe testing, eating, sharing, and giving thanks of amazement that I’m getting to pair my passion and love of food and cooking with my job!! I am so blessed! Today, I combined the two in one of the yummiest, and easiest guacamoles, which then turned into a ridiculously delectable toasted sandwich… I’m going to make it again so that I can photograph it and share the recipe with y’all. I swear y’all, sometimes the simplest and most basic recipes are the most soul comforting.
as seen on my Instagram feed
- Hanging out in the sun with the family, listening to live music, devouring pounds of crawfish, and discovering wonderful fun places in Katy made the whole family happy this weekend. The No Label Brewing Co. in Katy invites families to come out, play in the sun, listen to live music, and sample food truck wares, as well as their local brews (21 and up for the brew) Some neighbors invited us to join them for the No Label Annual Crawfish boil (7,000 pounds of crawfish) and it was a blast! Monkey played basketball and football, Princess danced to the music and walked around with one of the neighbor girls, while Nathan and I sampled a new-to-us brew – 1st Street Ale. We’re looking forward to going back again, soon! Live Music, Sun, Food Trucks, and Friends – yes, please! Here’s a pic of Nathan, Princess, and Me. Monkey was too busy playing with the other kids to be bothered for a picture.
- I’m completely in love with the colors and flavors in these Blackberry Pineapple Smash Cocktails from What’s Gaby Cooking
- One of the books that I took on the cruise with me, Vintage by Susan Gloss is one of the best books that I’ve read in the past year. As I reached the end of the book, I wanted to slow down so the book wouldn’t end as quickly. I can’t wait to share it with y’all.
- The Hatch Chile FB page featured my Spicy Green Chile, Smoky Bacon, 3 Cheese Mac and Cheese recipe on their page AND sent me some Roasted Hot Green Chiles!!! WOOHOO! Seriously love being a food blogger, and am reminded daily to give thanks for the blessings and opportunities that have come our way.
- I’m not a fan of April Fools Day, because all too often it’s mean spirited, or makes someone feel embarrassed or picked on, however – HOWEVER. The people at Break on YouTube took April Fools Pranks and turned them on their head for this Prank it Forward, and I’m not ashamed to admit that I was grinning like a fool with tears streaming down my face. I adore this. Every day should include some sort of Paying it Forward. You can watch The Best Shift Ever: Prank it Forward Here.
What’s bringing you joy this week? What’s caused you belly laughs, tears of joy, or hysterical giggles? What’s setting your soul on fire, or bringing you peace? I hope you’ll join me in focusing on Happiness.