Do you remember your first Chex mix?
I vividly remember the first salty, crunchy handful of Chex cereal mixed with pretzels and spices. It was intoxicating and completely addicting.
Playing with Chex cereals to create different mixes, blends, holiday recipes etc… is something that I find great pleasure in, and I’ve been known to gift gallon size baggies to people for no reason other than I simply can’t eat it all myself.
Imagine that the creators of one of your favorite treats reaches out to you to see if you’d like to receive a box of Halloween themed goodies to host a party featuring one of your favorite snacks, and they’re going to pay you for it.
Picture this (because I couldn’t get my camera out fast enough)
The day the box full of Chex Mix Halloween party goodies arrives the kids rip into it with wild abandon; black and orange paper confetti flying everywhere, the dogs yipping, yapping, and jumping all over with excitement. Picture me scrambling to save the breakables.. “WAIT! Don’t toss that box on the ground! HOLD ON!!! STOP!“ Oh for the love of pete, y’all.. just dump it everywhere and let’s have fun”
The kids danced among the 97million pieces of orange and black confetti paper and Nathan and I got a bit giddy over the really neat BOO ceramics, the straws, the cups, the cauldron (insert cackling here) and the fact that this is my job. Nathan flipped through the included recipes and without hesitation flipped the Devilish Chex Mix card at me and said: “This one. I want this one”
So that one, indeed.
Deviled Chex Party Mix <<<<<<< click THERE for their original, quite delicious, recipe, which my kids LOVE!!!!!!. What follows is our Devilishly delicious Texas take on their recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup assorted unsalted nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans etc)
- 3 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup cheddar crackers
- 1 Cup mini pretzels
- In one small bowl, combine the sugars, paprika, chili powder, curry powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt; set to the side.
- In your biggest microwave safe bowl, combine all of the Chex Cereal, pretzels, and cheddar crackers.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine oil and nuts. Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour this mixture over the Chex Cereal mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Microwave uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Spread onto a paper towel covered surface to cool
- Store in airtight containers for up to two weeks.
Still here? Good.
It’s your turn to make your favorite Chex Mix recipes and host a spooky party of your own this Halloween season!
I’ve partnered with Chex to give one of y’all a delectable and spooky party pack designed by Little Miss Party in a Box filled with recipes, halloween goodies and more valued at $200!!!
**party pack includes
- $50 AMEX gift card to buy party supplies
- 8 fun halloween themed napkins
- 12 halloween themed party cups
- 1 spooky skull pitcher (to fill with your favorite beverage)
- 20 fun and spooky favor bags
- Confetti wands
- a Mason Jar filled with Chex
- 4 Halloween Decorations
- 6 Tinsel stir sticks to swirl your beverage
- 1 Witches Cauldron
- BOO ceramic serving dishes
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A huge thank you to CHEX and their affiliates and sponsors for supporting A Southern Fairytale and providing this incredibly generous giveaway. I received product and monetary compensation for participating in this delectable campaign, however all opinions reflected in this post are my own.