When we went on our first Carnival Cruise in 2010 – everyone said: Eat the Melting Chocolate Cake. It’s to die for, it’s the best thing on the ship, it’s legendary, it’s incredible, their chocolate cake is the thing of legends.
Seriously, every single person told us to try the molten lava, volcano chocolate, melting chocolate cake. That’s a lot to live up to.
We were skeptical, but we figured we had nothing to lose.
That first night, at table 578 ,Nathan and I each ordered a Melting Chocolate Cake, and it only took one bite. We moaned. We sighed. We rejoiced. Then we ordered another. Every. Single. Night.
As soon as I got back to shore and had internet service I emailed my wonderful Carnival contact and begged for the recipe. She emailed, the chef complied, and I got the recipe.
Carnival’s Melting Chocolate Cake
The original instructions for the Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake are included here; but I also converted it for the home cook and Farenheit ovens. Here’s the thing, you can make this at home in under 20 minutes, and it is incredible. It’s rich, it’s melt in your mouth delicious, it’s legendary.
But no matter how good it is, nothing compares to eating this while sitting at a white linen draped table while you’re being attended to by incredibly talented servers as you sail the high seas.
No matter how good you are, you just can’t beat eating incredible food while sailing the high seas.
You. Just. Can’t.
Melting Chocolate Cake
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate
- 6 oz Butter
- 4 ea Eggs
- 1.5 oz Sugar
- 2 oz Flour
- Melt the chocolate & butter
- Mix the eggs & sugar and whisk for a few minutes, add the flour
- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour the mix in a greased mould
- Bake directly in the oven at 200°C for 14 minutes
Note: – Please make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture
Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish
- 6 oz good quality dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz (3/4 Cup) butter
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1.5 oz white granulated sugar
- 2 oz ( 4 Tablespoons) flour
- Preheat oven to 390°F
- Spray 4 Ramekins with baking spray and set aside
- In a microwaveable dish, melt the chopped dark chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth and set aside
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the flour and stir until combined
- Add the egg/sugar mix to the chocolate mix and stir until combined
- Fill the greased ramekins ¾ full with the cake mix
- Bake for 13 minutes
I am grateful to Carnival Cruise Lines for the amazing partnership that my family and I have with them. They have provided us priceless memories, and wonderful vacations. This post was not sponsored, required, or expected. I just love this recipe and figured it was about time I shared it with y’all; especially seeing as I’ll be eating these cakes every day next week.
*EDITED on 9/24/2015 with an updated version from the Chef de Cuisine on the Carnival Sunshine I will scan the copy when we return home from this cruise.1