Sometimes you just want a perfectly delicious, yet simple – chocolate chip cookie – a crisp around the edges, chewy in the middle, chocolate chip cookie.
If you’re anything like Princess – you want one without frills – no additions. no fruit. no silliness. Just sugars, butter, vanilla, chocolate chips and happiness.
A couple months ago I was making these Ultimate Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies when Princess came into the kitchen and asked: “Mom, don’t you ever just want a basic chocolate chip cookie? Just something simple and delicious, because that’s what I’d really like for you to make for me. A basic, delicious, no frills chocolate chip cookie”
How could I refuse?
I tinkered – adjusted – went through pounds of butter and sugar, and finally, one day, hit upon the recipe that made her eyes light up and she declared these chocolate chip cookies to be the best chocolate chip cookies ever ever EVER. My family has requested that our cookie jar always be filled with these cookies.
While I am an avid lover of nut filled, fruit studded, fancy cookies… I must admit – there’s something wonderful about a simple, delicious, basic chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies have been made at least 7 times in the past 2 weeks, and I’ve had great helpers each time
Check out the concentration on his face!
I can absolutely guarantee that this cookie recipe will be in our family for generations to come!
- ¾ Cup (1½ sticks) Butter
- ¾ Cup Granulated White Sugar
- ¾ Cup (packed) Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour (stir flour with a fork, and then spoon it in to the measuring cups - do not pack down)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon*
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar
- Add in the eggs & vanilla, mix until just combined
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon - whisk together
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture ½ Cup at a time, mixing between each addition. Be sure to scrape the sides. Do not overmix! After the last addition of flour, remove the bowl from your mixer and use a wooden spoon or strong spatula to make sure that all of the dry mix has been combined.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate chips
- Using a medium cookie scoop - space the cookies about 2-inches from each other on the parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake 11 - 14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are a light golden brown
*12 minutes in my oven yields a cookie that has slightly crisp edges, but a chewy middle - and they are still this way on day 3! (I had to hide 3 cookies from my family to make them last past day 1)
*You can sprinkle them with turbinado sugar just as they come out of the oven for a little something extra
If you have any questions about chocolate chip cookies – Check out my friend, Tessa’s, Ultimate Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here’s the link to my preferred cookie scoop OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop <<< affiliate link0