Fall is for football and Slow Cookers; which makes these 2-ingredient slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders a perfect Fall football food!
All the spice and glorious deliciousness of buffalo wings without the bones and messy hands!
The first time we had slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders was 4 or 5 years ago during a lazy evening at our friends, Fallon and Marc’s house, I’m pretty sure that Nathan and I devoured an even dozen each. The spicy, tender buffalo chicken paired with the sweet, fluffy Hawaiian sweet rolls. Yes, please. A food marriage made in heaven.
We’ve made Fallon’s slow cooker buffalo chicken about a zillion times since that day; sometimes we wrap the buffalo chicken up in spinach herb wraps, sometimes it’s a pizza topping, and sometimes we make nachos with it; but our favorite way to eat slow cooker buffalo chicken is tucked into a Hawaiian sweet roll. Nathan eats them just as is, but I like to pizzazz them up with crumbled blue cheese and coleslaw mix. The soft rolls, the spicy, tender buffalo chicken, the crispy crunchy coleslaw mix, and the savory blue cheese crumbles… Hello Dolly!!!
The slow cooker part of this recipe is only 2 ingredients: Frozen Chicken Breasts and Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
I alternate between the Hot Buffalo and the regular Buffalo wing sauce. Way back in the day when I was managing restaurants; Frank’s was our go-to wing Sauce for buffalo wings, buffalo shrimp, and all things hot-wing flavored.
This couldn’t be easier: put the chicken in the slow cooker, pour the wing sauce over the chicken, seal the slow cooker, and cook.
Cutest little helper ever <3
Add the chicken back in to the slow cooker with the buffalo sauce and let simmer on warm for as long, or as little, as you’d like. If you want to make them more restaurant style traditional, this is when you’d add in 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) of butter. I don’t, but you can
Whenever you’re ready… pull out the Hawaiian sweet rolls – did you know they make Jalapeño Sweet Rolls?!!! You can use those for an added ZING ZANG KICK! – serve as is or top with blue cheese crumbles, a drizzle of ranch dressing, and/or coleslaw veggies for an incredible crunch and additional layer of texture.
- 1 bag (2.5 lb) frozen chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (23 oz) Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce (Extra Hot or Regular)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Coleslaw Mix
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Place the frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour in the Frank's Wing Sauce. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours
- Shred the meat in the slow cooker or out with a mixer, and then put the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker with the wing sauce
- Place some shredded buffalo chicken inside a hawaiian sweet roll and devour, or get fancy and top with some coleslaw mix for crunch, and blue cheese for added texture and flavor
* to make it more 'restaurant wing style* add ½ stick (1/4 Cup) butter to the slow cooker after the shredding of the chicken
*This recipe is so fun because of how easy and versatile it is.