Healthy Proteins Bento Box Breakfast
Bento Boxes are all the rage on Pinterest and Facebook and in cafeterias and offices everywhere, and they’re awesome, because not only is the food in cute, fun portions that allow for creativity in the packing of the meals. If you look, though, it’s Bento Box lunches that are plastered all over Pinterest – I’ve partnered with Real California Milk to bring you a couple of delicious, healthy, and fun twists on Bento Box Meals.
Bento Box Breakfasts!
If you’re anything like me, you spend a lot of your day at your desk – writing, editing, messaging, doing social media, tweaking your website etc… It’s so easy to fall into the trap of unhealthy snacking, grabbing easy pre-packaged meals, or straight up junk food. RESIST! With just a little bit of preparation, and some delicious Real California Milk products, you can have a filling, protein-packed, and best of all YUMMY bento box breakfast any time of the day!
Monkey and I both love parfaits, he requests one at least 3 times a week, and truthfully, I could probably eat one every single day; there are so many options and so many different ways to make them that you could have a different flavor profile every time.
I’m a pretty simple girl when it comes to my parfaits – just give me a delicious high-quality vanilla yogurt, in season fruits, a scrumptious granola for crunch, and some honey for added sweetness. I pair my parfait with a hard-boiled egg and some mouth-wateringly scrumptious Real California Milk sharp cheddar – bonus points for cute shapes, y’all, seriously, there’s something about cute food and bright colors that just makes eating it a more pleasurable experience. . This is Monkey’s favorite bento box breakfast – he’s been known to steal mine out of the fridge for his own lunch!!
Look at the cuteness! Hearts and Stars and Fruits – OH MY! 🙂
Healthy Mornings Bento Box Breakfast
Another option – is to have a protein packed bento box breakfast and when I tell y’all that I have the BEST and yummiest recipe for you that’s going to pair with a salsa yogurt dip and some fruit to make a totally crave-worthy meal.
Protein Packed Bento Box Breakfast
These cheesy sausage and egg hash brown cups, y’all. Y’all. Y’all! Real California milk Oaxaca cheese, spicy sausage, hash browns, and some Real California Milk Butter add some crazy deliciousness to these hash brown cups. Hot out of the oven and ready to burn the roof of your mouth, room temperature, or even cold these things are out of this world amazing. A creamy Real California Milk Plain Yogurt combined with your favorite salsa makes a delicious dip for the hash brown cups and fresh seasonal fruit adds a bright, yummy flavor that pairs perfectly.
I had so much fun playing around with flavors, textures, combinations, and of course the delicious Real California Milk products! We had these Sausage and Cheese Hashbrown cups at least 4 times in 2 weeks, the yogurt parfaits equally as many times, and the sheer amount of that Real California Milk sharp cheddar that was consumed/stolen from my workspace/kitchen island — it’s pretty safe to say my family was really happy with this partnership.
- 1 Cup Real California Milk Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Granola
- ¼ Cup fresh berries - sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc..
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Sliced Hard Boiled Egg
- Real California Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese - bonus points for cute shapes
- Grab a cute bento box that works with your breakfast ingredients
- Arrange ingredients in the bento box
- Take with you
- ½ package spicy breakfast sausage, crumbled, cooked, and drained
- 2 Cups frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 4 Tablespoons Real California Milk Butter, melted
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Real California Milk, Oaxaca Cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Real California Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Salsa of Choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and lightly spray/grease your 12 muffin tins
- Cook sausage in a medium skillet, once the sausage is cooked, drain the grease and set it aside
- In a bowl, combine the hashbrowns, salt, pepper, and butter; divide the hashbrowns evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Press the hashbrown mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 - 13 minutes, or until the hashbrowns are lightly brown and crisp on the edges. Remove from the oven. Top the hash browns with the cooked sausage
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together; add the cheese and chopped green onions. Spoon evenly into the muffin cups.
- Return to the oven and bake 13 - 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Combine the Salsa and Real California Milk Yogurt, and set aside. Refrigerate until ready to use.
The Two-Compartment Bento Box is LunchBots Duo Bento Box
The Multi-Compartment Bento Box is a YumBox Bento Box
The above links are affilitate links, if you purchase anything through those links it won’t cost you any extra, but I’ll receive a small percentage of the purchase price. Thank you!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in partnership with Real California Milk. All opinions expressed are my own. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (like the groceries…so very many groceries,y’all), and help support me as I follow my dreams of recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that support A Southern Fairytale.