I adore Stumble Upon, as the fantastic Nola of Nolanotes says: “It’s like T.V. for my computer”
Thanks to Stumble Upon, we have this week’s Thursday Thirteen, my 2nd.
Thirteen random facts everyone should know, but nobody really does.
1. The word “queue” is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
2. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon. Makes me think of that book, How To Eat Fried Worms
I guess this is good information in case I’m ever on that crazy survive on an island show.
3. What is called a “French kiss” in the English speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
4. “Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order. You know you’re sitting there reciting the alphabet and spelling this like you don’t believe me.
5. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete. All together now… “damn”. If you decide to test this theory… I am absolving myself right now of all responsibility, and you having just read this, agree that I am not liable for anything that happens as a result of your
6. There is a city called Rome on every continent. Well isn’t that special. Yep, go check your atlas’ and maps now. I’ll wait.
7.Horatio Nelson, one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life, never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness. Does anyone else hear Alanis’ song “Ironic” right now?
8. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different! Go on and test this out, I’ll wait.
9. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin! So, should that cleaning product be called skindust instead?
10. Women blink nearly twice as much as men. It’s all that mascara weighing our eyes down, right? No, it’s because we blink instead of rolling our eyes at you.
11. Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible. Now, while this is a really cool fact. Just why? Can you imagine that game of paper, rock, scissors? Loser had to taste.
12. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.” *Sigh*, I’ll wait while you check your calender.
**Coca-Cola would be green if coloring weren’t added to it.** I left this in as a bonus because I can’t live without my Diet Coke and that kind of eeks me out a bit.
13. A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue! Damn. Take that Gene Simmons.
The website that I Stumbled can be found here. There were 50 facts in all and it was really hard to whittle it down to 13. Hope y’all enjoyed my 2nd Thursday Thirteen!
More Thursday Thirteeners can be found here and here