I teased y’all yesterday with this picture and with the promise of something yummy to come so here it is.
This is the recipe that I made for Nathan’s Birthday dinner and y’all, it is amazing. The flavor profile is subtle, savory, light and fabulous. Lemon, White Wine, Garlic, Onions and Fresh Basil. YUM!
This is not one of my own recipes, this is one of Carrabba’s Italian Grill’s recipes and as a treat for all of my Blissfully Delish readers (and y’all too!), Carrabba’s is offering a $50 gift card to enjoy their very special Valentine’s and Pre-Valentine’s Day celebration. You can go here to learn more and to enter. This contest is over and the winner announced on Blissfully Delish.
Carrabba’s Pollo Rosa Maria
* 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and butterflied
* 2 slices prosciutto ham
* 2 slices Fontina cheese ( I couldn’t find Fontina so I used Mozzarella)
* 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
* 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
* 6 mushrooms, sliced
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh garlic chopped ( i ran out of fresh garlic and used minced in a jar, thus the chunky sauce)
* 1/2 cup white wine (remember, don’t use wine you wouldn’t drink)
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* White pepper to taste
* Kosher salt to taste
1. Cover one-half of each breast section with one slice of prosciutto ham, one slice of Fontina cheese. Fold chicken breast half flap over the dressed chicken breast half; season with grill seasoning.Grill and baste until cooked.
2. In a sauté pan place 1 Tbsp. butter, sauté mushrooms and onions and garlic until softened. Add white wine and lemon juice; simmer approximately 10 minutes on medium-low heat to reduce.
3. A little at a time, add remaining 3 Tbsp. butter until butter melts and mixture emulsifies, add basil. Place lemon butter mushroom basil sauce on top of the Rosa. Serve with pasta (I recommend Barilla Pasta Plus, in the yellow box. Thin spaghetti)
If you’re participating in Mouthwatering Mondays be sure to grab your button and link back here. If you don’t link back here, then I’ll delete your link on Mr. Linky, fair is fair. Remember, link directly to your mouthwatering monday permalink, NOT your general blog URL!!! Take the time and visit the other participants and share the foodie love!
Thanks for participating y’all!
Check back in at Noon, I have a really cool giveaway going on with 3 of my favorite ladies!