It’s Friday and not only is today the last day of the fabulous Shopping Spree Giveaway that I’m hosting with Marinka, OhMommy and ScaryMommy but it is also the first day of BlissDom09!! So while y’all are reading this, I’m workin’ it at the registration table and meeting fabulous ladies and all that good stuff!
Today’s post is a super special BONUS recipe post!! YAY!
You may not know this already, but over on Blissfully Delish I have partnered up with the American Egg Board to feature of a month of delicious egg recipes, facts and other eggscellent things 😉 yes, I’m a goober, but y’all already know that!
So, as a special treat I’m sharing with y’all my favorite breakfast dish, Migas. Yummmmy.
I’m posting the recipe below, but if you want a super treat you can go over to Blissfully Delish and see the video!!! of me making it!
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 C chopped jalapenos (I use nacho sliced) + a few more for topping
- 1 C (handful) Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- A handful of tortilla chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C salsa + more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk them until the yolks are all broken, add in your salsa and salt and pepper, mix together, quickly.
- In a medium skillet melt your butter and then toss in the chips and cook for a few minutes, add in the jalapenos and onions, cook for 2 to 3 minutes to soften and meld the flavors.
- Pour the eggs over the mixture, add in the rest of the jalapenos and the cheese.
- Cook, tossing gently with your spoon, until cooked to your desired texture.
- Serve topped with jalapenos, cheese and salsa*
*other additions are sour cream, avocado, bacon crumbles… the limit is really up to your own imagination.
The rules of the shopping spree giveaway can be found here