sorry about the crummy picture, I still don’t have my camera back from Canon
Today’s MWM recipe is for pulled pork and it is a bit spicy, juicy, tender and fills your house with an unbelievable smell that makes your mouthwater all day long and your taste buds tingle in anticipation.
- 1 (3 to 4lb) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 C Rachel’s Meat Seasoning
- 1 bottle Miller Lite
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (I use HEB’s Texas BBQ Sauce because it has just the right amount of pepper and spices)
- 8 large hamburger buns
- *onions and pickles
- Mix the mustard and spices together and rub over the pork shoulder, put into a plastic bag and pour in the beer.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- First thing in the morning pour the contents of the bag into your crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Resist the urge to dive face first into the crockpot.
- When the roast is done, drain the liquid out of the crockpot and using a fork, pull the pork apart, it will fall apart with very little effort.
- Add the bbq sauce to the pork in the crockpot and stir to mix.
- Leave the crockpot on warm and allow the flavors of the seasoned pork and bbq sauce to combine *at this point you can add chopped onions if you want.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with sliced onions and pickles* not necessary
These are simple, delicious, truly tonguegasmic and a delightful treat for any get together or just family game night.
If you’re playing along with Mouthwatering Mondays, THANK YOU!, sign the MR. Linky with your name and the URL for your MWM post, not your generic URL, snag your tonguegasmic button and link back here, then go visit other MWM participants and get some yummy new recipes and meet other foodies like yourself!!