The Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese on Texas Toast
Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? Did you even know there was a National Grilled Cheese Month? Well, there is!!
In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month Today’s Mouthwatering Monday is a recipe for MY favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
The Pepper Jack, Bacon, Spinach Grilled Cheese on Garlic Butter Texas Toast.
If the name alone doesn’t have you drooling, well then, there’s nothing I can do for you.
Let’s get cookin’
- 2 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 slices Texas Toast
- Garlic Butter ( 2 Tbsp Butter and about 2 – 3 dashes garlic salt)
- 2 slices Bacon, cooked
- handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Heat up a skillet/griddle to 350 or Medium High Heat
- Butter one slice of Texas Toast and put it on your griddle (hear the sizzle, nom)
- Place a slice of Pepper Jack Cheese, top with Bacon, spinach leaves and another slice of Pepper Jack Cheese
- Butter the other slice of bread and place it butter side up on top of your sandwich.
- Cook about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes on either side, or until it has reached desired golden brown crispity gooeyness (those are too words)
The combination of spice, creamy gooey cheese, crisp bacon, garlicky buttery crispy thick golden Texas Toast – it’s truly mouth watering.