I couldn’t get the perfect picture of this dish because it was devoured before I realized that the pictures I took, weren’t what I wanted.
This is what I made for our anniversary (8 YEARS! Yay Us!) It is plate lickable, tonguegasmically, spoon sucking, fork twirling good.
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp chili garlic sauce (less if your sensitive to spice and heat)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C chopped green onions
- Toss cornstarch and shrimp in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine: orange juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar and chili sauce, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok and add minced ginger and garlic, stir fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add shrimp.
- Stir fry about 3 to 4 minutes. Add juice mixture and green onions; cook 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink
- Serve over jasmine rice or asian noodles
This is one of those dishes that gets the “holy hell, when are we having this again” responses.
It’s easy. Delicious and will wow everyone who is lucky enough to have you make it for them.
Are you joining in the Mouthwatering Mondays Tonguegasmaliciousness? YAY! Thank you! Sign Mr. Linky with your MWM post URL (not your generic blog URL), say howdy, hi, wassup dog or comment on today’s recipe, grab the hawt button and link back here in your post so that others can find MWM and share in the recipe sharing love! Finally, visit the other participants, get inspired, say Hi and revel in the recipe sharing awesomeness.
psssssst I’m nominated for Tastiest Blog. Would you pleeeeaaasaaaase go vote for me???? It’s supah easy.. just click here and then click vote under my blog name! I’ll love ya forevah and stuff