Just one bite of this beautiful, light, fluffy, tonguegasmic cake and you’ll understand immediately why I’m calling it a Sunshine Cake.
This is super simple, a GREAT recipe to make with the kids and the absolute perfect treat for those hot summer days.
adapted from a Jello box recipe
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 1 package (3.4 oz) French Vanilla Instant Jello Pudding
- 2 C Cool Whip (thawed, obviously)
- 1 (10 oz) round Angel Food Cake
- Fresh Fruit: Strawberries and Blueberries are my suggestions
- Slice the Angel Food Cake into 3 layers a hint.. freeze the cake for about 15 minutes to half an hour before slicing
- Mix the pineapple and pudding mix. Slowly add in Cool Whip, until fully blended. (This is a great part for the kids)
- Spread the pudding/whip/pineapple mixture on top of the bottom layer of cake and top with sliced strawberries (and blueberries)
- Top with layer 2 of the Angel Food Cake.
- Repeat the layering, mix, fruit steps on layers 2 and 3.
My cake only has strawberries because the store was out of blueberries and we *sob* don’t have a farmers market.
If you’re joining Mouthwatering Mondays Tonguegasmalicious recipe sharing, Thank You! Make sure that you sign Mr. Linky with your MWM recipe URL and not your blog URL. Say Hi, Howdy, tell me what you think about today’s recipe. Link back here in your post so that others can find us and join in the recipe lovin’ fun! Grab your Tonguegasmic Button and visit the other participants. Be inspired, be prepared to drool and enjoy the recipe sharing fun.
Pssst! Down Here! I’m still in the running for Tastiest Blog, I’m in second place and I would love if you’d throw your favorite Tonguegasmic Food lovin’ gal a vote! You can vote once a day every day! Please?!!! Thank you!!