This recipe came from my Kraft Two Week Dinner Planner, but the recipe that I’m going to share with y’all is my own take on it. If you want the original, then you can download your own two week dinner planner here
Almost Pasta Carbonara
- 1/2 lb medium size pasta, I use multi-colored farfalle because it’s festive and I like pretty food.
- 5 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese (yes, the one in the green shaker)
- 3/4 C milk
- dash red pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 C frozen peas
- 6 slices bacon (BurghBaby, It is ALMOST vegetarian. The bacon can be optional)
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a skillet until it’s nice and crisp. Remove the bacon, leaving the drippings in the pan, and set the bacon aside.
- Add all ingredients to the skillet with the drippings and cook on low heat until the sauce is thoroughly melted and simmering nicely.
- Toss the sauce and the pasta together, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and chopped bacon.
If you’re joining in the MWM fun, Thank You! Post your recipe, link back to here so that others can find us, snag your Tonguegasmic button and make sure that you say Hi here and visit the other MWM participants!