This is one of the Kraft/Sam’s recipes and it’s delicious. (the original recipe can be found here, this is my slight adaptation of it) I think, that it may be mine and Nathan’s favorite recipe from this project. It’s simple, delicious and filling. The combination of crunchy, salty crackers, spicy, fresh salsa and gooey cheese with moist chicken.. it is absolutely tonguegasmic.
Crispy Baked Salsa Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 pkg Saltines crushed
- Rachel’s Simple Seasoning or favorite seasoning blend
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 C salsa
- 1 C Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Heat oven to 425
- Put the crackers into a bag, crush them and add a couple dashes of cumin and RSS. Shake the bag to mix.
- Cut, chicken in half, tenderize it a bit and then dip it in the egg.
- Coat both sides in the cracker crumbs and place in a 9X13 baking dish that has been sprayed with your choice of cooking spray. Drizzle the breasts with butter and bake about 18 minutes.
- Top each breast with 1/4 C salsa and cheese, bake about 5 more minutes and serve.