I love potatoes.
I grew up eating them twice baked, mashed, fried, hashed, roasted, chopped, seasoned, baked, twirled and pretty much any other way you can think up to prepare them.
I have a firm belief that the perfect baked potato exists – crispy skin, fluffy, hot, slightly soft insides.
The perfect french fry has a crisp salty skin and a fluffy inside.
Mashed potatoes and twice baked potatoes, oh y’all… I could write sonnets about both, but I won’t.
Because y’all aren’t here for potato sonnets, y’all are here for incredibly easy, deliciously wonderful, crispy, seasoned, mouth-watering oven roasted potato wedges.
This recipe for Oven Roasted Potato Wedges is one of the simplest ways to make potatoes and it can be served as a side dish or an appetizer.
- 6 medium potatoes, washed and chopped into 1″ (ish) pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup RSS
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons to 1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- depends on your family’s tastes.. start small and safe
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, if you like it sassy
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- a dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Place the chopped potatoes, olive oil and seasonings in a bag, shake to coat the potatoes with the olive oil and seasonings
- Lay the potatoes out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Broil on high for last 2 minutes to give them a deliciously crisp finish.
These are delicious and so easy to make! Serve with 1 C mayo mixed with 1 Chopped chipotle in adobo sauce or ranch or sour cream with chopped green onions or ketchup with a dash of chili-garlic sauce.
If you like this recipe, try one of these other delicious potato recipes!