Savory Mushrooms, gooey cheese, crispy whole grain tortillas.
These quesadillas are quick to throw together and absolutely delicious. A perfect mid-afternoon snack, or football party food.
(makes 2 quesadillas = 8 triangles)
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 small yellow onion, chopped
- (refried black beans are awesome on here, too)
- your favorite cheese (I use 4 cheese Mexican Blend)
- 4 Multi-Grain or Whole Wheat Tortillas
1. Chop all your vegetables and set them aside
2. Heat up your skillet or flat top grill
3. place 2 of your tortillas on your hot grill, sprinkle with a little cheese (or the refried beans) and then add your veggies, top with cheese
4. Put the other tortilla on top, gently press down and then cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending upon the heat of your grill and how crispy you like your quesadillas!
5. Remove from heat, let sit for a few minutes to cool and then cut, I use a pizza cutter to slice mine into triangles.
Serve with Sour Cream, Salsa or just eat plain.
These are filling, delicious and have the most amazing sweet, juicy, tangy bite from the combination of the meaty mushrooms, the fresh bell pepper and the crisp bite of the onion. If you have refried black beans on hand, I highly recommend adding them to this.
If you’re new here, this month is dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness. I urge you to subscribe so you can read all the amazing stories that people have shared as well as a chance to enter to win some great prizes. If you feel so moved, please donate to the Cause..