This is one of my MUST haves for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. It is delicious, rich, savory, creamy, a hint of spicy and absolutely the best take on a cornbread stuffing/pudding that I’ve ever had. This dish is the epitome of Tonguegasmic. One bite and you’ll be thanking me and your friends and family will be so enamored and impressed with your culinary skills that they’ll even offer to do the dishes while you kick back with your
bottle glass of wine.
Since Thanksgiving is coming quickly and I know y’all are getting your shopping lists and elastic waist pants together, I had to share it with you.
Jalapeno Cornbread Pudding
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 C diced yellow onions
- 1 1/2 C fresh kernels of corn (about 3 to 4 ears)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 4 C cornbread, crumbled
- 8 oz Jalapeno Jack cheese, shredded and divided (1 C and 1 C) You can add more if you’re like me and love melty cheesey goodness.
- dash of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced*
- 2 to 3 roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease and 8 inch square pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and corn, saute until onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, cream, cornbread and 1 C cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour pudding into pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with jalapeno and red pepper slices.
- Place pan in a water bath and bake 1 hour or until firm.
*If you have never seeded and sliced fresh jalapenos before, I suggest gloves and WASH those hands VERY VERY well and very carefully before going to the bathroom touching your eyes. Trust me. Should you not do this… buttermilk works well to soothe the burning sensation.
Do you have a favorite Holiday dish that just makes your holidays zing? I’d love to hear about your must have Tonguegasmic Holiday Dish!
the dish on the linky love: If you’re joining the Mouthwatering Monday link up love, Thanks! I’m thrilled to have you on board! Please make sure you leave your recipe URL in the link, leave a comment on here saying Hi or Howdy or Yum 🙂 Whatever you please. Make sure that you link back here in your post so that others can find us and go visit some of the other MWM participants!!! Thanks y’all! Rachel