Just the word truffle is enough to turn many people away, but I promise you, this Oreo Truffle recipe is so simple and delicious that you’re going to find yourself creating reasons to make these Oreo Truffles. Really, how can you go wrong with Oreos, cream cheese and chocolate?
These oreo truffles are incredibly easy to make, but they taste rich, creamy, decadent, and are everyone’s favorite!
You can use dark chocolate ghiradelli melts, white chocolate ghiradelli melts, and pair them with all the different flavored oreos to create your ideal oreo truffle combination.
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination, and the oreos that you have at your disposal 🙂
We prefer the regular oreos covered in dark chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes, more crushed oreos, and/or drizzled with white chocolate.
What’s your favorite oreo truffle combination?
- 1 packages oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Melts and/or 1 package Ghiradelli White Chocolate Melts
- Toppings: crushed candy, toasted coconut, white chocolate, andes mint chips, more crushed oreos,
- Using a food processor, stand mixer, or a plastic bag and a rolling pin - turn the oreos from the package into crumbs (yes, cream and all)
- In a large mixing bowl; blend the softened cream cheese with the oreo crumbs until a thick mixture is formed
- Form 1" balls and place on a parchment paper lined tray, freeze for at least one hour.
- Melt your chocolate (adding a dab of shortening often helps when melting chocolate chips) - remove a handful of oreo balls from the freezer at a time, dip them in the chocolate.
Rachel Note - I find that using a large spoon and a fork is the easiest way for me to ensure that the entire ball gets covered in melted chocolate and then transferred with the least amount of mess to another parchment lined tray for cooling
- Once the dipped truffles are on the parchment lined tray, you can allow them to harden, or if topping them with more crushed oreos or crushed peppermint pieces - top while the chocolate is still warm
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator if not serving immediately