This seafood pasta sounds fancy, tastes fancy, but in reality is so easy to make!
This pasta is one of those dishes, I had the ingredients; I wanted something to eat… we made this.
Y’all know that I always have at least 3 boxes of Barilla Pasta Plus in the pantry; if you aren’t eating it yet…. You have no idea what you’re missing out on. There’s always parmesan cheese, bacon and garlic in my house and this week, I happened to buy fresh scallops, shrimp, white wine and basil. I’m not sure what I had in mind but, I knew I wanted something and those flavors were calling to me. So, this pasta was born.
I chopped some bacon and got it sizzling in a pan, then I added 1 clove of chopped garlic and cooked them for 3 or 4 minutes; stirring occassionally.
While this was cooking, I chopped the basil. Easiest way to do this: roll the basil leaves up into a ‘tube’ and chop
At this point; the garlic and bacon are sizzling and the aroma is such that you want to grab a wooden spoon, scoop it onto a piece of toast and devour. Hold off, it gets better.
Grab a bottle of white wine, make sure it’s something you’d drink; it doesn’t have to be expensive.. the rule with alcohol and cooking is if you wouldn’t drink it, don’t cook with it. (if you don’t drink.. you could use a veggie or chicken broth)
Add about two cups of white wine, 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp (y’all know I love my spice) of crushed red pepper to the bacon garlic mix and set to simmer.
Start your pasta water boiling and then cook your pasta.
When your pasta has about 6 minutes left, add the scallops and shrimp to your sauce pan and cook, stirring frequently until shrimp is pink.
Now for the fun part, toss the pasta and sauce/scallops/shrimp mixture together.. add in basil leaves and divide into bowls. This made 4 servings for us.
Grate fresh parmesan, top with fresh ground pepper and serve.
- 1/2 box Barilla pasta plus rotini
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- dash to 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 C white wine or broth (i would use less broth as it tends to be overpowering)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan (I just grate until it’s covered and then toss to make it all melty ooey gooey nom nom nom)
- 8 fresh basil leaves ‘ish’
- chop bacon, sautee until sizzling.. add garlic and simmer about 3 to 4 minutes
- Chop basil
- Add wine to bacon garlic mixture, add in some red pepper and set to simmer
- Cook pasta, while pasta is cooking.. rinse shrimp and scallops
- When the pasta has 6 minutes left; add shrimp and scallops to wine mixture and cook until the shrimp are pink
- Remove pasta and drain; toss with shrimp and scallop mixture; put into bowls, toss with basil and top with fresh grated parmesan and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with white wine and fresh garlic bread….. play with these ingredients, add tomatoes or sliced red peppers; enjoy your food.
Thanks for linking up your recipes, for your comments and for visiting the other linky participants